Sunday, August 17, 2014

Tomorrow

Today as we landed in Wuhan I was suddenly overcome with emotion.  We were finally in the same province as our daughter.  As we drove the one hour from the airport to our hotel my eyes were fixed upon our surroundings.   I wanted to take it all in.  To remember. To embed the sights in my mind.  This is a piece of her.  As we crossed the Yangtze River on the First Bridge, caught our first glimpse of the Yellow Crane Tower, drove to the city center, all I could think of was our girl.

We received 2 new pictures of her today and tears welled up in my eyes.  Big sister said, "she looks so happy it makes my eyes a little teary."  Our sweet girl did look so very happy.  She is healthy and growing.  Joy radiates from her little face.  Again the rush of emotions swelled up within.

Tonight as I prepare to sleep I am thinking of our girl sleeping in her bed in her foster mother's room.  This is the last night she will sleep there.  Tomorrow she will be in our hotel room in the crib that is awaiting her.  Tomorrow morning her foster mother will take her to the orphanage and say goodbye.  I can only imagine that bitter-sweet moment. My heart is breaking for my girl and for her foster mom. My heart is overflowing with gratitude for the woman who has cared for our daughter for the past 22 months.  As I look back at the pictures we received today I know that Little A has been well cared for.  She has been loved.  She has been wanted.

We will most likely not have the opportunity to meet Little A's foster mother but if I could meet her I would say thank you.  Thank you for loving our daughter.  Thank you for investing in her life.

So tomorrow begins a new chapter in our journey.  A page will be turned and we will no longer be a family of 3.  We are here Little A and tomorrow we will no longer be apart!

2 comments: