Saturday, August 29, 2015

Overcome

I wish I could share a picture with this post but I can't. At least not a visual picture. My words will not do the scene justice, but I must try.

Good Friday. The cross. Candles. The Lord's Supper beautifully arranged around the foot of the cross.  Lights dimmed. Music being played. Voices raised.  And then.....

I hear my precious A "singing" with her loudest voice. I glance to my left and there is my little one standing with arms raised high, eyes closed, swaying to the music. I know she is mimicking behavior she has witnessed every Sunday for the seven months she has been home but there is just something about watching her join in corporate worship that overwhelms me.

My little one. My little girl. Learning about the love of a Savior who died on the cross for her. My sweet Little A experiencing her first Easter with her forever family. As I watched her I was overcome with emotion. Overcome with the heaviness of Good Friday. The reality that Jesus died on the cross for me. It was my sin that drove Him to the cross. Overcome with the sweetness that my God and Father loves me so much that He brought Little A home to our family. Overcome with the deep responsibility that I have as this little girl's mom to help lead her into the arms of her Savior.

Overcome.  Overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment