Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Letter to My Girls on Mother's Day

Dear E and Little A,

Today as we celebrate Mother's Day, I wanted to stop and write you a letter.  I truly believe that being a mom is by far my greatest accomplishment in life.  I may not do it perfectly and there will be times that I will fail you as a mom but I will try my hardest to be the best mom I can be through God's strength and grace. 

My sweet E, you were the blessing that made me a mom.  I remember the Mother's Day I was pregnant with you and all of the emotions that came with that day.  I remember feeling you move in my womb and hiccup and just being in awe at the life that was growing inside of me.  I was overcome that God has chosen me to be your mom and I anxiously awaited your arrival.  I remember the day you were born and the realization that I was now responsible for this tiny little life.  I have made many mistakes in the past 4.5 years as your mom and I know there will be many more in the future but you always tell me "that's ok mama, I forgive you.  Do you forgive me?"  Thank you for showing me grace and for helping me become a better mom.  I promise to always love you my sweet little chicken noodle!  I love you and I am so blessed to be your mom!

Our dear Little A, my heart is missing you today as you are away from our family.  I hope that in some way you have experienced a mother's love today.  I think of your birth mom and dad and my heart hurts for them as well.  I pray that your birth mom feels loved and honored today.  They are making a sacrifice that will one day soon allow me to become your mom.  I cannot wait to see your face for the very first time and to know that you will be joining our family.  I long for the day when you will be placed in my arms and when I can whisper in your ear how much you are truly loved.  I promise to always love you my dear girl and cannot wait to watch you blossom.

E and Little A, it is my prayer that both of you would grow to know and love the Lord and to follow Him all the days of your lives.  I pray that you would know how very much your daddy and I love you and how very thankful I am that I get to be your mom.  I cannot wait to watch the two of you grow up and hope that one day I will have the privilege of seeing you become mothers as well.

I love you with all my heart,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. oh no words no words... tears..happy ones.. both your daughters are blessed.... praying that this time of waiting is short but God's timing is right.

    ReplyDelete